PPC advertisements are digital marketing methods that run across different digital channels to reach global audiences and display your brand, products and services to customers worldwide. The ads must be brand-centric and show your products, services and brand values at their best, and at the same time, must grab user attention. Ads are a great way to gain organic website traffic and convince them to purchase.
What is Pay-Per-Click in digital marketing?
Pay-per-click, popularly known as PPC, is a digital advertising model that runs ad campaigns on online platforms to help drive organic traffic to the website. These ads can be run on search engines, social media platforms and emails to reach diverse audiences and generate potential leads. The advertiser must pay a fee every time the ad is clicked, and the budget can be fixed accordingly. It is an effective digital marketing strategy that can help redirect high amounts of organic traffic to the website if the ad campaigns are structured and designed correctly. All campaigns must be customer-centric to give people a personalised experience that lures them in and helps improve conversion rates.
What is the importance of PPC campaigns?
Organising PPC ads, advertisers bid for relevant keywords related to their brand and define company values, products and services. Brands willing to invest and increase brand visibility, create awareness of their products and services, lead generation and conversion rates to generate more significant revenue choose PPC. These ad campaigns target potential customers by appearing in their web results when they search for related queries and divert customer attention towards their ads. When you click on any of the ads, you are redirected to the website’s landing page, which gives you more information about the product that caught your attention. The landing page may also display related products and services in the suggestion list for a better consumer experience.
Importance of analysing PPC advertisements
After running PPC ad campaigns, many advertisers may feel their work is over, but the essential process begins after posting the ads. It is crucial to analyse all ad campaigns to track their inefficiencies, immediately improvise strategies, and take action to save the loss of investments. PPC metrics are essential data points that help analyse any campaign’s success. Every advertiser has a different goal: increasing lead generation, improving brand visibility, and enhancing conversion rates. Based on the intent of the ad campaigns, the metrics can be tracked to measure the success of campaigns on relevant metrics. These metrics include CTR, conversions, engagement, and more crucial data. Advertisers or digital marketing agencies can analyse PPC ads to improve performance.
How to analyse PPC advertisements?
PPC campaigns can be tracked, monitored, analysed and improved by looking into the key metrics of PPC. It can be done using Google Analytics 4 or the analytics feature in the campaigns. The metrics to track are-
- Click-through rate- A metric that gives you the exact number of times your audience clicks on and engages with the ads. An ad campaign with a high CTR indicates that the content was engaging and ensures a heavy flow of organic traffic on the website. Higher CTR also helps in generating more significant ROI and enables you to stay neck and neck with your competitors.
- Impressions- The relevance of keywords in ads chosen to build your ad campaign defines the impression share your campaign will get. Impressions describe the number of times the user search query displays your ads. The greater the impression share, the more relevant your ad is to user queries. A low impression indicates that your ad is not appearing on search results as people are not searching for keywords attached to your ads.
- Wasted spend- Keeping track of the money invested in PPC campaigns is essential. After running the ad, if you want to know the aspect of the campaign that wastes your money, wasted spend metrics are your friend. By analysing the metrics, you can improve your campaign by investing it better and improving strategies if your current campaign has a low impression share.
- Quality score- Google determines the ranking and score of your ads and helps you analyse where you stand among your competitors. This score determines your ad placement in the SERP, so you should improve your quality score accordingly. Your ad copy must align with the selected keywords for the campaign, as Google is dedicated to providing users with the most relevant results.
Benefits of optimising ad campaigns
- Organic traffic- All digital marketing strategies aim to drive traffic to the brand’s website. Getting traffic to your site is only possible if your ad campaign performs as expected. By analysing the PPC ad campaign, advertisers can optimise their campaigns by targeting the aspects the ad lacks. An optimised PPC campaign will give top ad ranks for relevant searches and have a better chance of driving higher organic traffic.
- Improved ROI- PPC optimisation helps organise your keyword bidding and ads budget. The aim is to reduce wasted spending and improve impression shares. Advertisers can look forward to an enhanced ROI by optimising all ad components.
- Better strategies- Advertisers need to remember that spending more does not guarantee more outstanding results. Money must be invested wisely to seek different strategies and choose the best that suits your budget, goal, and expectations. Instead of mindlessly focusing on the number of conversions made, dive into what profits every strategy and conversion makes on your invested amount.
How to optimise PPC performance?
- Collect and analyse data- PPC ads are run on various digital platforms and can be analysed based on their performance on every platform. Data is collected from every campaign to evaluate the inefficiency of the ads. By filtering unwanted data, advertisers get valuable data based on metrics, channels and more to pull out insights. These insights are then interpreted to know what areas need improvement.
- Refining marketing- After getting insights into the failures and areas of improvement, new strategies and ideas are coined to make suitable changes. By detecting roadblocks and discovering new ways to improve PPC performance, advertisers can generate better revenue and multiply the success rate of their ads.
- Using automation- It is challenging to work with data, and manual work consumes time. Automation helps filter insights and offer potential solutions to help advertisers implement these data-driven decisions directly. This kind of ad optimisation works best for digital marketers and advertisers.
By analysing and optimising PPC advertisements, brands can benefit and enhance their organic traffic on websites, return on investment, new leads generation and conversion rates.
Banyanbrain is a stellar digital marketing agency in India that offers result-oriented PPC services to customers globally. Our expert team is skilled in drafting strategies and ad campaigns to boost your brand.